What apps are available to play WMA files on an iPhone?
How to Play WMA on iPhone – A Comprehensive Guide
Windows Media Audio or WMA is a widely-used audio format that was developed by Microsoft. However, the format isn’t supported by all the devices. iPhone, for example, does not allow the playback of WMA files. If you are wondering how to play WMA on iPhone, this guide is for you. We have compiled some easy methods to play WMA files on your iPhone, even without converting them to AAC or MP3 formats.
Method 1: Use a Third-party Media Player
One of the easiest and most effective methods to play WMA on iPhone is to use a third-party media player. Here are some of the top media players that support WMA:
- VLC for Mobile: With over 10 million downloads, VLC is undoubtedly the most popular media player for iPhone. VLC supports a wide range of formats, including WMA. You can easily download the app from the App Store and enjoy listening to your favorite WMA files on your iPhone.
- Kodi: Kodi is another open-source media player that supports WMA files. You can download Kodi from the App Store and play WMA files on your iPhone without any hassle.
- OPlayer Lite: OPlayer Lite is a powerful media player that supports a range of audio and video formats, including WMA. The app is available for free on the App Store.
Method 2: Convert WMA to iPhone-supported Formats
If you are unable to find a media player that supports WMA files, you can always convert the files to iPhone-supported formats. Here are some of the best tools that you can use to convert WMA to iPhone-supported formats:
- iSkysoft Video Converter Ultimate: iSkysoft is a powerful video converter that supports a wide range of formats, including WMA. You can easily convert your WMA files to iPhone-supported formats using this tool.
- FFmpeg: FFmpeg is a free and open-source software that allows you to convert audio and video files to different formats. You can easily use FFmpeg to convert your WMA files to iPhone-supported formats.
Method 3: Upload WMA files to Online Storage
If you don’t want to convert your WMA files and prefer to keep them as they are, you can always upload them to online storage platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. Once you upload the files to the cloud, you can access them on your iPhone by using the respective app.
Playing WMA files on iPhone is not as difficult as it seems. You can either use a third-party media player that supports WMA or convert your files to iPhone-supported formats. Alternatively, you can also upload your WMA files to online storage platforms and access them on your iPhone. So, try out these methods and enjoy listening to your favorite WMA files on your iPhone.