What materials would be necessary to create a DIY Elf on the Shelf costume?
Do It Yourself Elf on the Shelf Costume
One of the most beloved Christmas traditions is the Elf on the Shelf. This mischievous little elf is famous for getting into all sorts of trouble and keeping an eye on the children of the house to report back to Santa Claus. If you love the idea of having your very own Elf on the Shelf, then why not dress up as one this year?
Creating an Elf on the Shelf costume is surprisingly easy and affordable if you’re willing to put in a little bit of effort. Here is what you will need:
- A red or green long-sleeved shirt and pants
- A white collar or ribbon to serve as a collar
- A belt
- A red or green Santa hat
- A pair of white gloves
- Felt in red, green, and white
- A hot glue gun
- Start by cutting out a small white felt circle and a larger red or green felt circle. Use your hot glue gun to attach the white circle to the center of the red or green circle. This will form the body of the Elf on the Shelf.
- Next, cut out two small rectangles of felt in a contrasting color to the body (red if the body is green, green if the body is red). These will serve as the Elf’s cuffs. Glue them to the ends of the sleeves and pants.
- Attach the collar to the top of the shirt using your hot glue gun.
- Wrap the belt around your waist and buckle it in the front.
- Put on the white gloves.
- Finish the costume by placing the Santa hat on your head.
And there you have it – your very own Elf on the Shelf costume! If you want to get really creative, you can add additional accessories like a miniature Elf-sized chair or a tiny toy for your Elf to hold. Have fun with it and don’t forget to snap some pictures to share with your family and friends!