What causes a white line to appear on an iPhone X’s display?
How to Get Rid of White Line on iPhone X
Are you experiencing a white line on your iPhone X and wondering how to get rid of it? This is a common problem that can occur due to a variety of reasons including software glitches, hardware damage, and more.
Step-by-Step Guide to Fix a White Line on iPhone X
1. Check for Software Updates
The first thing you should do is check for any software updates available for your iPhone X. Sometimes, software glitches are responsible for the white line on your screen. Updating your iPhone X to the latest software version can fix the issue.
2. Restart Your iPhone X
If your iPhone X has a white line on the screen, restarting it can also fix the issue. To restart your iPhone X, press and hold the side button along with any of the volume buttons until you see the Slide to Power Off option. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone X and then press the side button to turn it back on.
3. Disable and Enable Your iPhone X’s AssistiveTouch Feature
The AssistiveTouch feature is known to cause a white line on the iPhone X screen. To fix the issue, disable and re-enable the AssistiveTouch feature. Here is how:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> AssistiveTouch.
- Toggle off the AssistiveTouch feature.
- Wait for a few seconds then toggle it on again.
4. Restore Your iPhone X to its Factory Settings
If the above solutions did not fix the white line issue on your iPhone X, restoring it to its factory settings can help. This will erase all your data and settings from your iPhone X, so make sure you backup everything before performing a factory reset. Here is how:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your passcode and then tap on Erase iPhone.
- Confirm your decision by tapping on Erase iPhone again.
- Wait for your iPhone X to restart and then set it up as new.
5. Contact Apple Support
If the white line on your iPhone X screen still persists after trying all the above solutions, then it could be a hardware issue. In this case, contacting Apple Support should be your next step to get it fixed.
A white line on the iPhone X screen can be frustrating, but fortunately, there are several ways to fix the issue. Starting with the easiest solution and then moving to the more complex ones can help you resolve the issue and enjoy your iPhone X normally again.