What ingredients are needed to make stuffed scallops?
Scallops make for a delicious and elegant meal when prepared correctly, and stuffing them is a surefire way to elevate the dish even more. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to cook stuffed scallops that will impress your guests.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the stuffing. Choose your preferred stuffing, whether it be a mixture of breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, and butter, or a cream cheese and bacon mixture. Make sure to season the stuffing with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare the scallops. Rinse the scallops under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Remove the small side muscle, which is the tough flap of muscle on the side of the scallop. Cut a pocket into the side of each scallop, being careful not to cut it all the way through or to cut your fingers.
- Stuff the scallops with the prepared stuffing mixture, making sure not to overstuff them. Close the scallops with toothpicks to keep the stuffing inside.
- Place the stuffed scallops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Brush each scallop with melted butter or olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the stuffed scallops in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the scallops are golden brown and the stuffing is hot and bubbly.
- Remove the toothpicks from the scallops and serve them hot, garnished with fresh parsley or lemon wedges.
These stuffed scallops are a great addition to any dinner party or special occasion, but don’t be afraid to make them for a cozy night in with your loved ones. Once you try them, you’ll want to cook them again and again.
Stuffed scallops are a delicious and elegant seafood dish that make a beautiful presentation on any dinner table. If you are looking for a way to add a gourmet touch to your seafood meal, read on for a step-by-step guide on how to make stuffed scallops.
First, you will need to purchase the necessary ingredients for the stuffing and the scallops. Your stuffing should include ingredients such as butter, garlic, shallots, bread crumbs, herbs, and Parmesan cheese. As for the scallops, make sure to buy larger ones, around the size of a quarter.
You will also need to prepare your stuffing. Start by sautéing the garlic and shallots in butter until tender. Then add the bread crumbs, herbs, and cheese and mix until everything is well combined.
Once the stuffing is ready, it’s time to prepare the scallops. Before stuffing them, clean and pat them dry with paper towels. Use a small knife to cut a slit in each scallop and stuff each one with a spoonful of the stuffing mixture.
After stuffing the scallops, place them in a baking dish and drizzle them with olive oil. Bake them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 minutes.
Now your stuffed scallops are ready to eat. Serve them with a simple white wine sauce and a salad of your choice for a delicious and elegant dinner. Bon Appétit!