How long does it typically take to cook smoked ham hocks in instant pot?
How to Cook Smoked Ham Hocks in Instant Pot
Smoked ham hocks are a delicious and flavorful ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, from soups and stews to beans and greens. And with an Instant Pot, you can cook them quickly and easily, without sacrificing any of the depth and complexity of their smoky flavor.
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- Begin by prepping your vegetables. Peel and chop the onion and garlic, and chop the carrots and celery into bite-sized pieces.
- Set your Instant Pot to the Sauté function. Add a tablespoon of oil to the pot and let it heat up for a minute or two.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and sauté for a minute or two, until they start to soften and become fragrant.
- Add the ham hocks to the pot, along with the chopped carrots and celery and the bay leaf.
- Pour in the water or chicken broth and give everything a good stir.
- Turn off the sauté function and lock the lid onto the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual (or Pressure Cook, depending on your model). Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- After the cooking time is up, let the Instant Pot release pressure naturally for 10-15 minutes. Then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the Instant Pot and remove the ham hocks. They should be fall-off-the-bone tender by this point.
- If you like, you can strain the cooking liquid to remove any solids and use it as a base for soups or sauces.
- Shred or chop the meat from the ham hocks and use it in whatever recipe you like.
And there you have it! With just a few simple ingredients and an Instant Pot, you can cook up a batch of delicious and tender smoked ham hocks that will add tons of flavor to any dish.