Does unblocking websites on Safari still allow for parental control measures to be taken?
How to Unblock Websites on Safari iPhone
Are you tired of encountering the “website blocked” error message on your Safari browser? Whether it’s for accessing educational resources, streaming services, or social media platforms, blocked websites can be frustrating to deal with. Luckily, there are a few methods to unblock websites on Safari iPhone.
Method 1: Use a VPN
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a secure tunnel between your iPhone and the internet that allows you to bypass internet censorship, access blocked content, and protect your online privacy.
- Download and install a VPN app, such as NordVPN, ExpressVPN, or Surfshark, from the App Store.
- Open the app and create an account. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to a VPN server.
- Once connected, open Safari and try to access the blocked website. It should now load without any issues.
Method 2: Change DNS Settings
DNS (Domain Name System) is responsible for translating domain names into IP addresses that your iPhone can understand. If the default DNS server is blocking the website, you can change it to a different server that’s not restricted.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the information icon (i) next to the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to.
- Scroll down to the DNS section and tap on Configure DNS.
- Select Manual and add a new DNS server, such as Google (126.96.36.199) or Cloudflare (188.8.131.52).
- Save the changes and try to access the blocked website on Safari again.
Method 3: Clear Safari Cache and Cookies
Sometimes, Safari’s cache and cookies can cause website access problems, even if the website isn’t blocked. Clearing the cache and cookies can often fix these issues.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to Safari.
- Tap on Clear History and Website Data.
- Confirm the action by tapping on Clear History and Data.
- Restart Safari and try to access the blocked website again.
By using a VPN, changing DNS settings, or clearing Safari’s cache and cookies, you can unblock websites on Safari iPhone. However, it’s important to note that some websites may still be restricted due to local laws or regulations. Always use caution when accessing blocked websites, and choose a reputable VPN provider to ensure your online security and privacy.