Is there a way to disable vibrate alerts on my iPhone while it is in silent mode?
How to turn off vibration on iPhone when on silent
When your iPhone is on silent mode, the vibration function can be quite irritating especially when you are in a meeting or a quiet library. Some people prefer to turn off the vibration feature when their iPhone is on silent mode. This article shows you how to turn off the vibration feature on your iPhone when on silent mode.
Step by step guide
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone home screen.
- Click “Sounds & Haptics.”
- Scroll down and locate the “Vibrate on Silent” option.
- Toggle it off.
- Finally, exit the Settings panel and enjoy a silent mode without unnecessary vibrations.
- Swipe up your iPhone to display the “Control Center.”
- Locate and click the “Moon” icon to activate the “Do Not Disturb” mode.
- With the “Do Not Disturb” mode activated, your iPhone is now on silent mode and all kinds of vibrations are turned off automatically, including the vibrations that occur when you receive incoming calls or messages.
There you have it! Two simple methods to turn off vibration on your iPhone when it’s on silent mode. Choose the method that works best for you, and enjoy a peaceful and quiet mode without being disturbed by unnecessary vibrations.
Knowing how to adjust the settings on your iPhone so your device vibrates only when needed can be helpful in many different situations. We will walk through how to turn off vibration on your iPhone when it is put on silent.
First, start by unlocking your device by sliding your finger to the right when prompted. Next, go to “Settings” and scroll down to “Sounds.” This is where you can adjust the settings so your device is not vibrating when set to silent.
Once you’re in the Sounds section, look for the “Vibrate on Silent” option. Here you have two choices, either to turn it on or off. Simply select “Off” and the vibrating function of your iPhone will be disabled when the device is set on silent.
We recommend you quit the settings once this step has been completed to ensure all changes are saved. After you have done so, your device will no longer vibrate when it is put on silent.
Taking a few moments to adjust your iPhone’s settings so that it vibrates only when you want it to can be a valuable time-saver. It’s also a great way to make sure you’re not being disturbed while in a sensitive situation.
By following the steps described in this article, you will know how to turn off vibration on your iPhone when you switch to silent mode.