What kind of software might be needed for the file transfer?
How to Transfer Large Video Files from iPhone to Computer
If you love capturing videos with your iPhone, you might run out of space sooner or later. Transferring large video files from your iPhone to a computer is the best way to keep them safe and free up some space on your device. In this article, we will show you different methods to transfer large video files from iPhone to computer.
The most popular way to transfer files from your iPhone to a computer is by using iTunes. Here’s how:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open iTunes and click on your device icon.
- Select “Movies” or “TV Shows” from the drop-down menu in the left panel.
- Select the videos you want to transfer and drag them to your computer’s desktop or any other folder.
- Wait until the transfer is complete.
AirDrop is an easy and fast way to transfer files wirelessly between Apple devices. Here’s how to transfer large video files from iPhone to Mac:
- Make sure both your iPhone and your Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and have Bluetooth enabled.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone and select the videos you want to transfer.
- Tap the “Share” button and select AirDrop.
- Select your Mac from the list and wait until the transfer is complete.
- The videos will be saved to your Mac’s Downloads folder by default.
iCloud is a cloud-based storage service that allows you to store and access your files from any Apple device. Here’s how to transfer large video files from iPhone to Mac using iCloud:
- Make sure you have enough iCloud storage space.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and select “Photos.”
- Enable “iCloud Photos” and wait until the syncing is complete.
- On your Mac, open the “Photos” app and enable iCloud Photos.
- Wait until the syncing is complete.
- The videos will be available in the “All Photos” album in the Photos app on your Mac.
If you don’t want to use iTunes, you can also use a third-party app like iMazing. Here’s how:
- Download and install iMazing on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open iMazing and select your device.
- Select “Photos” from the toolbar on the left.
- Select the videos you want to transfer and click the “Export” button.
- Select the folder where you want to save the videos and wait until the transfer is complete.
Transferring large video files from iPhone to computer is essential if you want to save them and free up space on your device. With the methods shown in this article, you can easily transfer your videos using iTunes, AirDrop, iCloud, or a third-party app like iMazing. Choose the method that suits you best and start transferring your videos today!
Transferring large video files from an iPhone to a computer can seem like a daunting task, but with the proper steps, anyone can do it.
The first step is to make sure that you have a reliable Wi-Fi connection available on both your iPhone and computer. Having one of the latest computers with a good internet connection is best, but if that is not an option, make sure both your phone and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Next, you will need to begin the process of transferring the large video file. The easiest and quickest way to do this is to use a file sharing app such as Dropbox or Google Drive. These apps are available to download on both iOS and Android devices, and will allow an easy transfer of data between the two devices.
Once you have downloaded the file sharing app, you will need to upload the video file from your iPhone to the cloud server. Depending on your connection and size of the video, this process may take some time. Once complete, you can go to the cloud server on your computer, download the video, and save it on the computer.
For a more direct method of transferring a video file from your iPhone to computer, you can also use a USB cable. You will need to locate and plug the USB cable into both the iPhone and the computer. On the iPhone, press the “Allow” button to continue. From there, open the USB folder on the computer, locate and select the video, then drag and drop the video into a folder you can access from your computer.
No matter which method you decide to use, transferring large video files from an iPhone to a computer can be done with ease. Follow these simple steps, and you can have your file easily transferred in no time.