Are there any emergency services that can help locate a dead iPhone?
How to Track an iPhone That’s Dead – Tips and Tricks
As an iPhone user, you might have accidentally misplaced your device and are struggling to locate it. The situation can worsen if your iPhone is dead or the battery is drained out. Fortunately, there are some easy and effective ways to track your iPhone even if it’s dead or turned off. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to track an iPhone that’s dead.
Method 1: Use iCloud to Locate Your iPhone
The first method to track your iPhone that’s dead is to make use of iCloud. You can use your iCloud account to locate your iPhone even if it’s turned off or not connected to the internet. Follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on your computer or another iOS device and visit iCloud.com.
- Sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
- Click on the “Find My iPhone” icon.
- Select your iPhone from the list of devices.
- If your iPhone is turned on and connected to the internet, you will see its current location on the map. If it’s turned off or not connected to the internet, the last known location of the iPhone will be displayed.
Method 2: Use Google’s Location History
If you have enabled location history on your iPhone and have signed in to your Google account, you can use it to locate your iPhone. Here’s how:
- Open a web browser on your computer or another iOS device and visit Google Maps Timeline.
- Sign in to your Google account using your username and password.
- Select the date and time when you last used your iPhone.
- Click on the location history tab to see the last known location of your iPhone.
Method 3: Use a Third-Party App to Track Your iPhone
There are several third-party apps available on the App Store that can help you track your iPhone, even if it’s dead. Here are some of the popular apps:
- Glympse – allows you to share your location in real-time with anyone.
- Life360 – allows you to track family members’ locations in real-time and get alerts when they reach their destination.
- Prey – helps you track your lost or stolen iPhone using your account from any web browser.
Tracking a dead iPhone might seem challenging, but with the methods mentioned above, it’s relatively easy. The key is to remember to enable location services on your iPhone, keep your iCloud and Google accounts up to date, and use a reliable third-party tracking app.
As we continue to rely more and more on the use of our phones, often times it can be a scary situation when that phone is lost or stolen. Not only can it be a frightful experience, it can be more difficult when your phone has been turned off or appears to be dead. Although tracking a dead iPhone may be a difficult task, it is still possible and requires a few specific steps.
The first thing you should do is contact your cellular provider, as with any phone that is lost or stolen. Be sure to provide them with the phone’s phone number, as well as the IMEI number of the device. This way, they are able to locate the device if it is within range of at least one of their towers, or even if it’s turned off.
The next step is to use a phone tracking app, such as Find My iPhone. It is important to install this app prior to losing the phone, as this will give you the best chance of tracking it. If it is installed, you can log in from another iOS device to view a map of the phone’s location if it is currently active.
Finally, if all else fails, you may be able to track the phone’s whereabouts using a utility such as iLocalis. iLocalis allows users to track dead iPhones in real time using GPS technology. To do this, you will need to enter in the phone’s IMEI number and install a utility on the device before it shuts off or dies.
In short, tracking a dead iPhone can be a difficult task, but it is still possible if a few basic steps are taken. First, contact your cellular provider and provide them with the phone’s phone number and IMEI number. Second, use a tracking app if you installed it prior to lost the phone. Lastly, you may be able to use a utility such as iLocalis to track it in real time.