Is it necessary to disassemble the iPhone in order to remove water from the charging port?
How to Take Water Out of iPhone Charging Port
It can be frustrating when water gets into your iPhone charging port preventing you from charging your device. In this article, we will share some simple steps that can help you remove water from your iPhone charging port easily.
- Turn off your iPhone immediately if it is still on and disconnect it from any power source. In this way, we can prevent any short circuit from the water.
- Do not try to blow into your charging port or use cloth or tissue to remove the water as it can actually force water further in.
- Take a dry cotton swab or toothpick and gently insert it into the charging port.
- Gently move the cotton swab or toothpick around in the charging port to absorb any water present there.
- Let the iPhone sit in a dry place for a few hours with the charging port facing downwards. You can also use silica gel packets or uncooked rice to absorb moisture.
- After a few hours, try charging your iPhone to check if it’s working. If not, repeat the above steps.
- Do not use a hairdryer, microwave or oven to dry your iPhone charging port as it can damage your device.
- You can also use a compressed air can to blow the water out of the charging port but make sure to hold the can a few inches away from your device.
- Invest in a waterproof iPhone case or use a waterproof bag to protect your iTunes from water damage.
If water gets into your iPhone charging port, do not panic. Follow the above steps to remove the water and avoid any damage to your device. However, if your iPhone does not start charging after several attempts, it is recommended that you contact Apple support for further assistance.
Taking water out of the iPhone charging port can be a daunting task, especially if you don’t know the correct steps. Although iPhones are quite water-resistant, accidental splashes and spills can still lead to water getting inside the charging port. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to remove it in order to prevent further damage.
The first thing you should do is turn off your phone. This is important as the electronics can be easily damaged if it comes in contact with the water. Once you have done that, the next step is to turn your phone upside down. Doing this will allow any trapped water to start draining out slowly.
Next, try to use a vacuum cleaner with a small nozzle and suck out any water that has accumulated. You may also want to try using a hairdryer set at a low heat setting to help further evaporate the water. Be careful not to use too much heat as this could cause damage to components inside your phone.
Finally, you can inspect the charging port area using a cotton swab and a few drops of isopropyl alcohol. Be sure to increase the quantity in case there is some dirt or debris blocking the entry. Once done, you should be able to easily see if any water still remains in the charging port.
When considering how to take water out of your iPhone charging port, it is essential to follow the steps outlined above. Just remember that if all else fails, professional help may be needed in order to prevent further damage to your phone.