How can I make sure my iPhone is no longer in SOS mode?
How to Take iPhone off SOS Only
SOS Only mode is a beneficial feature found in the iPhone, which restricts your iPhone to emergency calls only. It can be a lifesaving feature under certain circumstances. However, it can be frustrating when you accidentally enable it on your iPhone and don’t know how to take it off.
If you find yourself in this situation, don’t panic! Follow these simple steps, and soon you will take your iPhone off SOS Only mode.
Method 1: Turn off Airplane mode
SOS Only mode is triggered when your iPhone is in Airplane mode. To take your iPhone off SOS Only mode, you need to turn off Airplane mode. Here’s how:
- Swipe up from your iPhone’s home screen to access the control center
- Tap on the airplane icon to turn it off.
Method 2: Disable Emergency SOS
If turning off Airplane mode doesn’t help, try disabling the Emergency SOS feature. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on Emergency SOS.
- Turn off the toggle switch next to Auto Call if it is enabled.
- Disable the SOS feature by turning off the toggle switch next to Call with Side Button.
Method 3: Restart Your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone is an effective method to fix many iPhone-related issues, including SOS Only mode. Here is how to do it:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the power off slider appears.
- Slide the power icon to the right to turn off the iPhone.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until the Apple logo appears to turn back on your iPhone.
With these methods, you can easily take your iPhone off SOS Only mode. If, after trying these methods, your iPhone is still stuck in SOS Only mode, try contacting Apple Support for further assistance.