Does the latest version of iOS enable longer screenshots?
How to Take a Longer Screenshot on iPhone
The ability to take a screenshot is a useful tool that allows iOS users to easily capture and share information found on their devices. However, sometimes a single screenshot is not enough to capture everything that you need, especially when you want to screenshot an entire web page or a long conversation. In this article, we will show you how to take a longer screenshot on your iPhone using third-party apps or built-in features.
Using Third-Party Apps
There are many third-party screen capture apps available on the App Store that can help you take longer screenshots on your iPhone. One popular app is called ‘Tailor’, which allows you to easily capture multiple screenshots and stitch them together to create a single long image. Here’s how to use it:
- Download Tailor from the App Store and open the app on your iPhone.
- Take screenshots of the content that you want to capture. To take a screenshot, press and hold the Power button and the Volume Up button at the same time.
- Once you have taken the screenshots, open Tailor and select the screenshots you want to merge.
- Tap on the ‘Stitch’ button and Tailor will automatically do the rest.
- Once Tailor has finished stitching your screenshots together, you can save the final image to your photo library or share it with others.
Using Built-In Features
iOS also has built-in features that allow you to take longer screenshots without the need for third-party apps. This method works for web pages and documents.
- Open a web page or document that you want to screenshot in Safari.
- Take a screenshot of the page by pressing and holding the Power button and the Volume Up button at the same time.
- Towards the bottom-left corner of the screen, you’ll see a thumbnail of the screenshot you just took. Tap on the thumbnail to open the screenshot editor.
- Next, tap on the ‘Full Page’ option located at the top of the screenshot editor.
- Once you select the ‘Full Page’ option, iOS will automatically capture the entire webpage and stitch them together into a single image.
- You can then save the image to your photo library or share it with others.
Capturing screenshots of important information on your device is now easier than ever. With the help of third-party apps or the built-in features of iOS, you can quickly and easily take longer screenshots of web pages or conversations. Give it a try and enjoy the convenience of this feature.
Taking a longer screenshot on iPhone is a handy way to capture a longer conversation, or even an entire page, without having to crop anything out. Fortunately, there are a few easy ways to do this, so you can share the content you want without having to manually piece together the pieces.
Using the Screenshot Tool
The most straightforward way to take a longer screenshot on iPhone is through the screenshot tool. To use this tool, open the page that you want to take a screenshot of, then press and hold the power/lock and home button on your iPhone. The screen will flash blank, indicating that the screenshot was successfully taken. The screenshot will then automatically save to your camera roll.
You can also take longer screenshots with the Safari browser. First, open the page that you want to take a screenshot of. Then tap the share button at the bottom of the screen. You’ll see a list of options. Choose “request desktop site” to see the full page of content that you want to screenshot. When the page has been loaded, press and hold the power/lock and home button to take the screenshot. Saving the screenshot is the same as when using the screenshot tool.
Using a Third-Party App
If neither of the above options work for you, installing a third-party screenshot app is another great option. These apps handle long screenshots differently, letting you take multiple screenshots and then stitching them together into one image. Search the App Store for “long screenshot” to find several options. Once you’ve installed the app, you can follow the on-screen instructions on how to take the screenshot.
By following these simple steps, you can easily take a longer screenshot on your iPhone. With the right tools, you can capture the content you need without having to manually crop any of the content out.