How quickly will synced contacts be available on the Mac after the transfer is completed?
How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud
When it comes to syncing contacts between your iPhone and Mac, one of the most popular options is to use iCloud. However, this may not be the best solution for everyone. Some people may prefer not to store their personal contacts in the cloud, or may not have access to iCloud due to various reasons. But don’t worry, there are other ways to sync your contacts between devices, and in this article we’ll guide you through the process of syncing your contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud.
Method 1: Using iTunes
iTunes is the default tool for syncing data between your iPhone and Mac. To sync your contacts from iPhone to Mac using iTunes, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac via USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes and go to the Info tab.
- Under the Contacts section, check the box that says “Sync Contacts”.
- In the drop-down menu, select “All Contacts” or “Selected Groups” (if you only want to sync a specific group of contacts).
- Click the Apply button to begin syncing your contacts from iPhone to Mac.
Once the syncing process is complete, your iPhone contacts will be available on your Mac, and any changes you make to them on either device will be automatically synced.
Method 2: Using Airdrop
If you prefer a wireless solution, you can use Airdrop to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Mac. Here’s how:
- Enable Airdrop on both your iPhone and Mac.
- Open Contacts on your iPhone and select the contact you want to transfer.
- Tap the Share icon and select Airdrop from the list of options.
- Select your Mac from the list of available devices.
- On your Mac, click Accept on the notification that appears to receive the contact.
This method may take a bit longer if you have a lot of contacts to transfer, but it offers the advantage of not requiring any cables or additional software.
Method 3: Using SyncMate
If you’re looking for a more robust syncing solution, you can use a third-party app called SyncMate. SyncMate allows you to sync not only your contacts, but also your calendar, reminders, music, photos, and more between your iPhone and Mac, without using iCloud. Here’s how to use it:
- Download and install SyncMate on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac via USB cable.
- Launch SyncMate and choose the option to sync with an iOS device.
- Select the categories you want to sync (in this case, Contacts).
- Click the Sync button to begin syncing your contacts from iPhone to Mac.
SyncMate is a paid app, but it offers a free trial so you can see if it works for you before committing to a purchase.
As you can see, there are several ways to sync your contacts from iPhone to Mac without using iCloud. Whether you prefer a wired or wireless solution, or want a more comprehensive syncing solution, there’s an option that will work for you. Try out these methods and pick the one that best fits your needs.