Which reset method should be used to reset an iPhone without a screen time passcode?
How to Reset iPhone Without Screen Time Passcode
Screen Time is a useful feature in iOS that allows you to monitor and control the amount of time you spend on your device. However, if you forget your Screen Time passcode, you might find yourself in a tricky situation. In this article, we will show you how to reset your iPhone without a Screen Time passcode.
Method 1: Reset Your iPhone Using iTunes
One way to reset your iPhone without a Screen Time passcode is by using iTunes. Here’s how:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Put your iPhone in Recovery Mode. The process for this varies depending on your iPhone model:
- For iPhone 8 and later models: Press and release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button. Hold down the Side button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down button at the same time. Keep holding them until the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier models: Press and hold the Home button and Side button (or Volume Down button, depending on your model) at the same time. Keep holding them until the recovery mode screen appears.
Method 2: Reset Your iPhone Using iCloud
Another way to reset your iPhone without a Screen Time passcode is by using iCloud. Here’s how:
- Go to iCloud.com on your computer.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to sign in.
- Click on “Find iPhone.”
- Select your iPhone from the list of devices.
- Click on “Erase iPhone.”
- Confirm that you want to erase your iPhone by entering your Apple ID password.
- Wait for the erase process to complete. Your iPhone will be reset to its factory settings, and you will not be prompted for a Screen Time passcode.
Method 3: Contact Apple Support
If neither of the above methods work for you, your final option is to contact Apple Support. They may be able to help you reset your iPhone without a Screen Time passcode, but they may also require proof of ownership before they can assist you.
Forgetting your Screen Time passcode can be a frustrating experience, but there are ways to reset your iPhone without it. Try the methods outlined in this article, and if all else fails, don’t hesitate to contact Apple Support for assistance.