What techniques can be used to minimize light glare in a photo taken on an iPhone?
Do you often face the problem of light glare while clicking photos on your iPhone?
Light glare can be frustrating as it obstructs the clarity of the image and makes it almost impossible to capture the perfect shot. However, worry not, as there are various ways to remove light glare from photos on your iPhone.
Use the “AE/AF Lock” feature
You can adjust the focus and exposure of your iPhone camera by using the “AE/AF Lock” feature. This helps in reducing light glare and capturing the image with more clarity and brightness. Here’s how you can use this feature:
- Open the camera app on your iPhone.
- Focus on the object or subject you want to capture.
- Hold the screen until you see the “AE/AF Lock” text appear.
- Drag your finger up or down to adjust the exposure level.
- Click the photo, and you’ll notice a significant reduction in the light glare.
Adjust the Exposure Level in Editing Mode
If you have already clicked the photo with light glare, don’t worry! You can always edit it and reduce the glare with just a few taps on your iPhone. Here’s how:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Select the photo you want to edit.
- Click the “Edit” button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “Exposure” icon (it looks like a sun).
- Drag your finger up or down to adjust the exposure level and reduce glare.
- Click “Done” to save the changes.
Use Third-Party Editing Apps
If you want to have more control in adjusting the light glare, you can use third-party editing apps, such as Adobe Photoshop Express or Lightroom. These apps offer a wide range of editing options and are quite user-friendly as well. Here’s how you can use these apps:
- Download and install the editing app of your choice.
- Open the app and select the photo you want to edit.
- Choose the “Exposure” option.
- Drag your finger up or down to reduce the glare and adjust other settings like shadows and highlights as required.
- Click “Save” to save the changes to your photo library.
With these simple methods, you can easily remove light glare from photos on your iPhone and capture stunning and clear shots every time.
Taking the perfect photograph with your iPhone requires more than just pointing and clicking. Even if your photo is composed perfectly, light glare can be a major problem, ruining a potentially stunning shot. Fortunately, there are several ways to remove troublesome light glare from your photos.
One of the simplest ways to remove light glare is to change your angle. If you’re shooting in bright sunlight, reposition yourself until the glare is no longer visible. This easy fix may get your shot back on track.
If you’re dealing with flash glare in an indoor environment, try turning off the flash and adjusting the shutter speed (if the camera offers this option). This allows the camera to adjust to the existing light levels and hopefully enable you to capture a glare-free image.
Another common solution is to hold a piece of translucent paper—like tracing paper or tissue—in front of your lens to impede some of the light from hitting it. This trick can also help reduce the amount of natural light entering the camera. Adjust the paper until you get the desired lighting effects.
Finally, you should consider using the plethora of image-editing apps available for iPhones. These apps let you adjust contrast, brightness and shadows, thereby enabling you to correct the intensity of any glare. VSCO, Snapseed and Adobe Lightroom are three of the most popular image-editing apps specifically designed for iPhones.
You don’t have to be a professional photographer to take great photos with your iPhone. By following these simple tips, you can easily remove light glare and enjoy flawless photos.