Are there any special instructions for opening an iPhone XR?
How to Open an iPhone XR
Are you thinking of opening your iPhone XR? It can be a bit tricky, but with the right tools and some patience, you can do it. Here’s a guide on how to open an iPhone XR.
- Pentalobe Screwdriver
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Plastic Pry Tool
- Suction Cup
- Power off your iPhone XR.
- Use the Pentalobe screwdriver to remove the two screws at the bottom of the iPhone.
- Place the suction cup at the bottom of the iPhone, just above the home button.
- Gently pull up on the suction cup to create a small gap between the front panel and the rear case.
- Insert the plastic pry tool into the gap and gently pry the front panel assembly away from the rear case. Work your way around the iPhone to loosen the adhesive holding the front panel assembly to the rear case.
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to remove the five screws holding the metal shield over the battery connector.
- Use the plastic pry tool to disconnect the battery connector from the logic board. Be careful not to damage the connector or the socket on the logic board.
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to remove the remaining screws holding the rear-facing camera and the logic board in place.
- Disconnect the remaining cables and connectors to fully remove the logic board.
Have you ever opened an iPhone before?
iPhone XR Trivia Quiz
Test your knowledge about the iPhone XR with this quick quiz.
Opening an iPhone can be intimidating, but with the right tools and guidance, it can be done. Follow the steps above to remove your iPhone XR’s front panel assembly and logic board. Remember to take your time and be gentle to avoid damaging any components. Good luck!