Is there a way to permanently disable an iPhone from speaking when plugged in?
How to Make Your iPhone Talk When Plugging in a Charger
Have you ever plugged in your iPhone to charge it, only to wonder if the charging process has actually started? Or have you ever forgotten to plug in your phone overnight, only to wake up to a dead battery in the morning? Well, worry no more! By following these simple steps, you can make your iPhone talk when you plug it in to charge, giving you reassurance that your device is charging and preventing those dreaded dead battery mornings.
Enable “Accessibilities” options
The first step is to enable the “Accessibilities” options on your iPhone. This will allow you to take advantage of the voiceover feature built into your device. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone
- Tap on “General” and then “Accessibility”
- Toggle on the “VoiceOver” option
Customize VoiceOver settings
Now that you have enabled VoiceOver, it’s time to customize the settings so that your iPhone will talk when you plug it in. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go back to the “Accessibility” menu in “Settings”
- Tap on “VoiceOver”
- Toggle on “Speak Hints”
- Toggle on “Speak on Charge”
By enabling “Speak Hints,” your iPhone will provide audible hints about what’s on screen, making it easier to navigate, and by activating “Speak on Charge,” your iPhone will audibly announce when it is charging every time it is plugged in.
If you want your iPhone to stop talking about every notification while charging, you can temporarily disable VoiceOver by triple-clicking the Home button. Triple-click the Home button again to re-enable VoiceOver.
Making your iPhone talk when it is plugged in to charge is a great way to ensure that your device is charging and to prevent those dreaded mornings when your phone is dead. By enabling the VoiceOver feature on your iPhone and customizing the settings, you can take advantage of this feature and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your iPhone is charging.
Making your iPhone talk when plugging in a charger is an easy process which can help you stay up to date on the charging status of your device. By enabling this handy feature, you’ll receive spoken updates on the status of your charge each time you plug your device in. Here’s how to make it happen:
1. Start by heading to your Settings and selecting the General tab. Then select Accessibility from the list.
2. Once inside the Accessibility menu, scroll down to the Hearing section. Here you’ll find the Speak Selection option. Toggle the slider to the right to enable the feature.
3. For a further layer of detail, you can also enable the Speak Charging & Notification Status option. When this feature is on, your iPhone will speak a battery percentage update when the device is plugged in.
4. Finally, select the Voice you’d like your updates to be spoken in. You can select from a range of voices available in your Settings app.
Now that you’ve set up your Voice and notification settings, you’re all set! The next time you plug your iPhone in to charge, you can listen to the charge percentage being read out loud for easy monitoring of your device’s battery life.