How do you write in italics on an iPhone?
How to Get Italics on iPhone
Do you ever find yourself typing a text message or email on your iPhone, and you want to emphasize a certain word or phrase with italics, but you don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry, it’s easier than you might think!
There are two ways to get italics on your iPhone, through formatting tools and keyboard shortcuts. Let’s dive into each method.
Using Formatting Tools
1) Open the app where you want to create your text with italics. This can be any app, such as Notes, Pages, or Mail.
2) Highlight the word or phrase you want to italicize by double-tapping or long-pressing it. You should see a toolbar pop up above the selected text.
3) Look for the “I” icon in the toolbar, which represents italics. Tap it.
4) Voila! Your text is now in italics.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
1) Open the app where you want to create your text with italics.
2) Double-tap or long-press the Shift key on your iPhone’s keyboard.
3) A menu will appear above the keyboard with different options for capital letters and special characters. Swipe the menu to the right until you see “I” in italics.
4) Tap the “I” icon to activate italics.
5) Start typing your italicized text.
Note: the keyboard shortcut method works differently for various apps. For instance, in Mail, you need to tap the body of the email to bring up the shortcut menu, while in Notes or Pages, you can tap and hold on any portion of the text.
In conclusion, it’s easy to add emphasis to your text by using italics on your iPhone. Whether you prefer to use formatting tools or keyboard shortcuts, it only takes a few taps to create a polished and professional-looking message, document, or email. So go ahead and try it out!