Are there any free video editing apps that can flip video on an iPhone?
How to Flip iPhone Video: Tips and Tricks
Flipping iPhone videos can be useful for a variety of reasons. Whether you want to change the orientation of a video you accidentally shot vertically or you want to create a specific effect, flipping your iPhone video is an easy process. In this article, we’ll go over two simple ways to flip iPhone videos, including the built-in flip feature in iMovie and using third-party apps.
Method 1: Using iMovie (iOS)
If you use an iPhone or iPad, the iMovie app already comes pre-installed on your device. iMovie is a robust video editing app that can help you quickly flip your iPhone videos.
- Open the iMovie app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the project you want to edit or create a new project by tapping the plus sign (+) button.
- Import the video you want to flip by tapping the “Import Media” option.
- Once the video is imported, tap and hold the clip and drag it to the editing timeline.
- Tap the clip to open the editing options and then tap the crop and rotate icon.
- Tap the rotate button until the video is flipped to the desired orientation.
- Tap “Done” to save your changes and then export your video.
That’s it! Your iPhone video is now flipped.
Method 2: Third-Party Apps
If you want more control over the flipping process or you don’t want to use iMovie, there are many third-party apps available for both iPhone and Android that can help you flip your videos. Here are some popular apps to consider:
- Video Rotate & Flip (iOS, $2.99)
- VidTrim (Android, free)
- Video Crop (Android, free)
- Video Flip – Vertical Flip & Horizontal Flip (iOS, free)
Using these apps, the process of flipping your iPhone videos will be similar to the process described above, but the interface may be slightly different. Be sure to read through the instructions carefully before starting to edit your videos.
Tips and Tricks
Whether you use iMovie or a third-party app, here are some tips and tricks to help ensure your flipped iPhone videos turn out as desired:
- Make sure you film with your iPhone in landscape mode to avoid having to flip your videos in the first place.
- Double-check the orientation of the video before you export it to make sure it’s flipped correctly.
- Be mindful of the quality of the video after you flip it. Sometimes, videos can become blurry or lose quality after flipping.
- Explore other editing options to enhance your video, such as adjusting the brightness or adding filters.
- Always save the original version of your video in case you need to revert back to it.
Flipping iPhone videos can be useful for a variety of reasons, and thankfully, the process is simple and straightforward. Whether you use iMovie or a third-party app, follow these tips and tricks to ensure your flipped videos turn out great.
Smartphones offer a wide range of features that make it easier than ever to record video. And with the iPhone, you can easily flip your video for a different perspective. Whether you’re shooting a horizontal or a vertical video, you can flip it in just a few simple steps.
To flip an iPhone video, you’ll first need to find the desired video in the Photos app. Once you have done that, open it and tap the “Edit” option. This will open the editing screen where you can make changes to the video. After that, tap the Crop tool icon and select “Flip” from the options menu. Select either the horizontal or vertical flip option, depending on your video type.
Once you’ve made your selection, click “Done” to finish. Your video will automatically save and you can watch it in its flipped state. If you want to revert back to the original video, simply repeat the above steps and choose “Reset” instead of “Flip”.
Flipping a video on your iPhone is a quick and easy process. You don’t need to download any apps or programs, and it can all be done within the Photos app. So the next time you want to change up your video’s perspective, just simply follow the steps above to flip it with ease.