Are there any known compatibility issues between newer versions of iOS and the Facebook app that may be causing the black screen?
How to Fix Black Screen on Facebook for iPhone Users
Facebook is one of the most popular social media apps out there. But, just like any other app, it can have its own set of problems. One of these issues is a black screen when using the app on an iPhone. It can be frustrating because you can no longer use the app as intended. However, there are ways to fix this issue. Here are some solutions:
1. Force Restart Your iPhone
Force restarting your iPhone can solve a lot of problems, including the black screen on Facebook. Here’s how to do it:
- Press and hold the Power button and the Home button (or the Volume Down button if you have an iPhone X or later) at the same time.
- Keep holding both buttons until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
- Release both buttons and wait for your iPhone to restart.
2. Update the Facebook App
Another solution is to update your Facebook app to the latest version. Facebook is constantly updating its app, which means that older versions may not be compatible with your iPhone. Here’s how to update your Facebook app:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile picture at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to find the list of apps waiting for updates.
- Find the Facebook app and update it.
- Restart your iPhone after the update is complete and check if the black screen issue has been resolved.
3. Clear Cache and Data on Facebook
If updating the app doesn’t work, clearing the cache and data on the app can sometimes solve the issue. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and find Facebook in the list of apps.
- Tap on Facebook and then select “Storage”.
- Select “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”.
- Restart your iPhone and open the Facebook app again to see if the problem is gone.
4. Contact Facebook Support
If none of the above solutions work, it may be time to contact Facebook Support. They may be able to provide you with assistance and solutions to this problem. Here’s how to contact Facebook Support:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the three lines in the bottom right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Scroll down and select “Settings & Privacy”.
- Select “Help & Support”.
- Select “Report a Problem”.
- Explain the issue in detail and wait for a response from Facebook Support.
These are just a few solutions to fix the black screen issue on Facebook for iPhone users. If none of these solutions work, it may be time to consider getting a new iPhone or waiting for Facebook to address the issue through an app update.