How to Edit Out Glare on iPhone
One of the biggest challenges when taking photos with an iPhone is dealing with glare. Glare can ruin an otherwise perfect shot and can be frustrating to deal with. Fortunately, there are several ways to reduce or even eliminate glare in your iPhone photos.
Method 1: Adjust Exposure
The first step in reducing glare is to adjust the exposure settings on your iPhone. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the area of the photo where the glare is located.
- A yellow box will appear around the area, indicating that it is the focus point. Swipe up or down on the screen to adjust the exposure settings.
- If the photo is still too bright, you can tap and hold on the screen to lock the exposure settings.
Method 2: Use HDR Mode
Another way to reduce glare is to use the HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode on your iPhone. HDR mode combines multiple photos taken at different exposures to create a single photo with a better exposure balance. Here’s how to use HDR mode:
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the HDR icon located in the top left corner of the screen.
- Take the photo as you normally would.
When you use HDR mode, the iPhone will automatically adjust the exposure and reduce glare. Keep in mind that HDR mode can take a few seconds to process the photo, so make sure to hold your iPhone steady while taking the shot.
Method 3: Edit with Photo Editing Apps
If you’ve already taken a photo with glare, don’t worry. You can still edit the photo to reduce or eliminate the glare. There are several photo editing apps available on the App Store that can help you achieve this. Here are a few popular ones:
- VSCO: This app offers advanced editing tools and filters to enhance your photos. You can adjust exposure, brightness, contrast, and more to reduce glare in your photos.
- Adobe Lightroom: This app is a powerful photo editing tool that allows you to adjust exposure, highlights, shadows, and other settings to reduce glare and improve your photos.
- Snapseed: This app offers a range of tools for editing your photos, including a selective adjust tool that can help you reduce glare in specific areas of the photo.
With these photo editing apps, you can not only reduce glare but also enhance the overall quality of your photos. Take some time to explore and experiment with these apps to find the one that works best for you.
Glare can be a frustrating problem when taking photos with an iPhone, but with these tips and tricks, you can reduce or even eliminate glare from your photos. Remember to adjust exposure settings, use HDR mode, and edit your photos with photo editing apps to achieve the best possible results. Happy shooting!
Are you one of the many iPhone users struggling with the issue of glare in pictures? Glare can take away from the quality of your photos, detracting from the thoughtful composition, amazing colors, and gorgeous images you envision when shooting. Thankfully, it’s easy to edit out glare on the iPhone using a few simple tools and techniques. To begin, you’ll need a photo editing app that allows you to adjust brightness and contrast.
Open the editing app and select the picture you wish to edit. To begin the glare-removal process, use the “Contrast” adjustment to reduce glare. Decreasing the contrast helps even out the colors in the photo and is a great place to start. Then, adjust the brightness levels to brighten the photo and draw additional attention to other areas.
Another tool you can use is the “Highlights” adjustment, if available. Look to see which areas of your photo have the most glare and adjust the highlights accordingly. Experiment with various “Highlights” levels until you find a comfortable middle ground – Increased highlights can draw attention to the glare which should be avoided.
Finally, try using the “Exposure” tool. Move the slider to the right side to add depth to your photo while also reducing glare and creating an effective composition. Don’t be afraid to keep adjusting until you are satisfied with the result. The “Exposure” tool should do the trick but if not, consider using a selective color correction tool if it’s available.
By utilizing the tools discussed above, you should be able to reduce the amount of glare presented in your iPhone photos. Remember, be sure to take your time and adjust the settings slowly for the best results. With dedication and practice, anyone can master the art of glare removal on the iPhone.