How do I turn on caps lock on my iPhone?
How to Do Caps Lock on iPhone
Have you ever been typing on your iPhone and wished you could just type in all caps? Maybe you need to emphasize something or show excitement, but toggling the shift key for every letter is time-consuming and annoying. Luckily, there’s an easy solution: caps lock.
Here’s how to do caps lock on your iPhone:
- Open the app where you want to type in all caps, such as Messages or Notes.
- Double-tap the shift key (the up arrow) on the keyboard.
- The shift key will turn blue, indicating that caps lock is on.
- Type your message in all caps.
- To turn off caps lock, tap the shift key once to return to lowercase letters.
That’s it! With these simple steps, you can easily toggle between uppercase and lowercase letters on your iPhone keyboard.
Of course, if you want to type in all caps frequently, you might find it annoying to double-tap the shift key every time. In that case, you can turn on a setting that allows you to tap the shift key once to turn on caps lock and tap it again to turn it off.
Here’s how to enable this setting:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Tap Keyboard.
- Toggle on “Enable Caps Lock.”
Now you’re ready to type in all caps without double-tapping the shift key every time.
Remember, using all caps in digital communication can be interpreted as yelling or shouting, so use it sparingly and appropriately. But when you do need to emphasize something or show your excitement, caps lock on your iPhone can come in handy.