What are the best practices for deleting multiple apps on an iPhone?
How to Delete Multiple Apps at Once on iPhone
Deleting apps on iPhone one by one can be a time-consuming task. If you have many apps that you wish to remove from your device, it can become even more tedious. In this article, we will explain how to delete multiple apps at once on an iPhone.
Method 1: Using the Home Screen
The quickest way to delete multiple apps on an iPhone is from the home screen itself. Follow the steps below.
- Unlock your device and go to the home screen.
- Press and hold any app icon until all the app icons start to wiggle.
- Now, tap on the X icon located on the top left corner of the app icon that you wish to delete.
- A prompt will appear asking you to confirm the deletion. Tap on ‘Delete’ to confirm.
- Repeat the above steps for all the apps that you wish to delete and then press the ‘Home’ button to save your changes.
Method 2: Using the Settings App
You can also delete multiple apps at once from the settings app. Here’s how.
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to find and tap on ‘General’.
- Next, tap on ‘iPhone Storage’. Here you will see a list of all the apps on your device.
- Select the app that you wish to delete and tap on it.
- Now, tap on ‘Delete App’ and confirm by tapping on ‘Delete’.
- Repeat the above steps for all the apps that you wish to delete.
Note: This method may take longer than the first method as it involves several steps.
Deleting multiple apps on an iPhone is simple and can be done in a few steps. Whether you choose to use the home screen or the settings app, you can free up space on your device and improve its performance.
When it comes to making the most of your iPhone, deleting apps that you no longer use can be extremely beneficial. Doing so will help to free up memory on your device and keep your home screen organized. While you may have previously struggled with deleting multiple apps on your iPhone, recent iOS updates have made it easier than ever to delete more than one app at a time.
First, find the apps you wish to delete by navigating to your home screen and scrolling through your app inventory. Once you have identified the applications you want to delete, enter “jiggle mode” by pressing and holding down any app icon until the app icons start to move and shake.
In jiggle mode, you will notice that all apps that support multiple delete will display an “X” in the top left corner indicating that the application can be deleted. To delete multiple apps at once, simply tap the “X” on the apps you wish to delete, then tap the “Delete” option that appears at the bottom of the screen.
If you’ve selected the wrong apps to delete, you can click the “cancel” button to exit jiggle mode and start again. Additionally, you can also select multiple apps within jiggle mode to delete in one go. Simply tap and hold the first app, then drag your finger across all the other apps you wish to delete and they will be selected. Then, press the “X” and tap “Delete” to remove them in one go.
Deleting multiple apps on your iPhone is now easier than ever and should help to optimize the performance of your device as well as keep your home screen tidy.