How do I connect my iPhone to a Brother printer?
How to Connect Your iPhone to a Brother Printer
Printing documents and photos directly from your iPhone can be a convenient way to get your work done on the go. If you own a Brother printer, connecting your iPhone to it can be easy and hassle-free. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to connect your iPhone to a Brother printer.
Step 1: Check your Printer
Before starting, ensure that your Brother printer has wireless capabilities. If your printer is a newer model, it should have a built-in Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. If you are unsure, refer to your printer’s manual or contact Brother’s support team to verify if your printer is compatible with iOS devices like the iPhone.
Step 2: Connect your Printer to Wi-Fi
To connect your printer to Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- Press the “Menu” button on your printer.
- Select “Network” or “Wireless” using the arrow keys on the printer’s control panel.
- Choose “Wi-Fi Setup” or “Wi-Fi Settings”.
- Select “SSID” and enter the name of the Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network and confirm it.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Step 3: Install Brother iPrint&Scan app
The Brother iPrint&Scan app is a free app available in the App Store that enables you to print and scan from your iPhone to your Brother printer. Download and install the app by following these steps:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Search for “Brother iPrint&Scan.”
- Select “Get” to download and install the app.
Step 4: Connect your iPhone to your Printer
Now that your printer is connected to Wi-Fi and the Brother iPrint&Scan app is installed on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Make sure your iPhone and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Brother iPrint&Scan app on your iPhone.
- Select “Print” from the menu.
- Choose your printer from the list of available printers. If your printer is not listed, choose “Add Printer” and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer.
- Select the document or photo that you want to print. You can also choose the number of copies and pages to print.
- Select “Print” to start printing.
Connecting your iPhone to a Brother printer can be done in a few simple steps with the help of the Brother iPrint&Scan app. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily print your documents and photos directly from your iPhone to your Brother printer.
Whether you need to send print jobs from the comfort of your own living room or you need to make sure your office is running as smoothly as possible, connecting your iPhone to a Brother printer is a great solution.
One of the fastest and easiest ways to connect your iPhone to a Brother printer is by using your home’s Wi-Fi network. To do this, you’ll need to make sure both your iPhone and the Brother printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
To connect your iPhone to the Brother printer first locate the “Settings” icon on your device and select it. Then, tap on “Wi-Fi” and make sure it’s switched on by tapping the toggle switch. Next, select the network your Brother printer is connected to. If the network isn’t already on your device’s list of networks, select the “Other” option and enter your network’s information. Once the network is added to your list, open the Brother iPrint&Scan app on your iPhone and select “Connect Printer.” On the next screen, select the Brother printer you want to connect to and then tap the “Connect” button.
If you don’t have a Wi-Fi network or if your Brother printer isn’t connected to the Wi-Fi network, you can use a USB cable to connect your device and the printer. First, locate the charging port on the bottom of your iPhone. Plug one end of the USB cable into your device’s port and then plug the other end into the printer’s port. You should see a message pop up on your iPhone’s screen that states, “Trust This Computer”. Tap “Trust” on the pop-up message to confirm that the printer is authenticated. Once this process is complete, the Brother printer will be available in the Brother iPrint&Scan app.
No matter which method you use, connecting your iPhone to a Brother printer is a great way to quickly and easily send print jobs. With just a few simple steps, you can be up and running in no time.