What editing software can be used to blur out part of a video on iPhone?
How to Blur Out Part of a Video on iPhone
Sometimes, when we capture a video on our iPhone, there might be specific parts that we wish to conceal or blur out before sharing it with others. It might be for privacy reasons or to keep the focus of the video on a particular object or person. Whatever the reason may be, Apple provides an easy and straightforward way to blur out parts of a video on iPhone. Let’s take a look at how to do it.
Using iMovie to Blur Out Video on iPhone
The first and most user-friendly option to blur out part of a video on iPhone is by using the iMovie app.
- Firstly, download and install the iMovie app from the App Store if you haven’t already.
- Open the iMovie app and click on the plus sign to create a new project.
- Select the video you wish to edit.
- Drag the video into the timeline at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the clip to select it, and then click on the Crop icon.
- Select the Circle icon, and this will add a circular blur to the video.
- Move the circle to the part of the video you wish to blur out using the pinch or zoom method.
- Finally, click on the Share icon in the top-right corner and export your video in an appropriate format.
Using the iMovie app to blur out a part of the video is an uncomplicated process and should not take you more than a few minutes to achieve. However, it is worth noting that iMovie is not a free app and may require you to make an in-app purchase to access all the features.
Using the ‘Edit’ Feature on the iPhone Camera App
If you do not wish to use third-party apps for blurring a video on your iPhone, you can also use the Edit feature on the built-in Camera app.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone and select the video you wish to edit.
- Click on Edit and drag the sliders on the timeline to select the part of the video you wish to blur out.
- Click on the three circles icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to enter Effects mode.
- Select the Blur effect and adjust the intensity using the slider.
- Click Save when you are happy with the result.
The in-built Editing tool on the Camera app may not offer as many functionalities as the iMovie app but can still be useful for quick edits on a video.
Blurring out parts of a video on your iPhone is a simple task that can be achieved using iMovie or the built-in editing tools on the Camera app. Both methods can produce effective results, and it depends on your preference which one you choose to use.
Whether you are looking to censor confidential information or focus your audience’s attention on a particular subject in your video, the iPhone camera app has got you covered. With a few simple steps, you can create professional-looking videos that will impress your viewers.
Keeping confidential parts of a video secure can be a tricky task. But there is a way to protect sensitive information while still keeping the entire video intact. By using simple video editing features on your iPhone, you can blur out certain sections of a video so that any private content is not visible.
To start, you’ll need to begin by transferring the video to your phone if you didn’t record it on the device. Once the video is on your iPhone, the next step is to open a video editing tool. The pre-installed iMovie app is a great choice for this.
Once you’ve opened the app, select the video from the library and choose the option to open the video editor. You’ll then be taken to the editing interface, where you can utilize the software tools to add effects to parts of the video as desired.
Choose the “Effects” button at the bottom of the screen and select the option to blur out the video. If there is a particular section of the footage that needs to be obscured, you can use the bar along the top of the timeline to choose that particular slice. After that, your selection will be blurred out as soon as you complete the action.
When you’ve finished blurring out the content, you can save the video and share it with contacts, if desired. This way, you can keep personal information private without sacrificing any of the content.
It’s easy to protect private information in a video with a few simple steps. By using the video editing features of your iPhone and a little know-how, you can blur out parts of a video to ensure that sensitive material remains confidential.