Can a backup of a disabled iPhone be completed without connecting it to a computer?
How to Backup Disabled iPhone without Trusting Computer
Backing up your iPhone is always a good idea. It ensures that your important data and settings are safe in case of any problem with your device. However, if your iPhone is disabled and you can’t trust the computer you have plugged it into, it becomes difficult to backup your iPhone. In this post, we will show you how to backup a disabled iPhone without trusting the computer.
Method 1: Backup iPhone with iTunes without Trusting Computer (using Recovery Mode)
Recovery mode is one of the best methods to backup your iPhone without trusting the computer. It’s a special mode that allows you to restore or update your iPhone seamlessly. Here are the steps.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Press and hold the power button until the slider appears, then slide to turn off your iPhone.
- Press and hold the Home button while connecting your iPhone to your computer. You should see the recovery screen on your iPhone.
- Launch iTunes on your computer if it doesn’t open automatically. Once you see the message “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode,” click on “OK”.
- Now, click on the “Restore” button to restore your iPhone. This will erase your entire iPhone, but it will also allow you to restore it from a backup.
- Finally, select the “Restore from iTunes backup” option and choose the desired backup. This will restore all your data and settings to the iPhone.
Method 2: Backup iPhone with iCloud using a third-party tool
Using a third-party tool is another viable option to backup a disabled iPhone. iMyFone D-Back is one such tool that can help you backup your iPhone by extracting the data from an iCloud backup. Here are the steps.
- Download and install iMyFone D-Back on your computer.
- Launch the program and click on “Recover from iCloud Backup” from the main menu.
- Sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
- Select the backup you want to download and click on “Next”.
- Select the data types you want to download and click on “Scan”. Scanning may take some time depending on the size of the backup.
- Once the scan is complete, select the data you want to backup and click on “Recover”.
- Choose a location on your computer to save the files, and the backup will be complete.
Backing up your iPhone is essential to safeguard your important data and settings. If your iPhone is disabled, you don’t have to worry about losing your data. The above methods provide a simple and easy way to backup your iPhone without trusting the computer.
As the smartphone age continues, it is becoming increasingly important to understand how to safely back up your device. This is especially true of iPhones and other Apple devices, which are often disabled or locked by a previous owner.
If your device has been disabled without a valid backup, then you may feel stuck. Fortunately, there are some simple steps that you can take to ensure that all of your data is safely backed up without having to trust your device to an unknown computer.
First and foremost, you should enable iCloud Backup on your device. This is a free service provided by Apple that allows you to back up your device and its data. All you need to do is go to Settings>iCloud>Backup and make sure that iCloud backup is both enabled and active. iCloud backup can be used even when your device is disabled, so you will still be able to save your data.
If you don’t want to use iCloud Backup, then you can take advantage of an iTunes backup. All you need to do is connect your device to a computer and open up iTunes. From there, you can select “Backup Now” from the File menu and your data will be saved to the computer.
For those looking for a more secure backup option, you can purchase a third-party backup program that is designed for secure storage. These programs encrypt your data and save it to a secure server. This way, even if your device becomes disabled or locked, you will still be able to access your data.
Finally, if all else fails, you can always contact Apple support. They can help you restore your device or even locate a lost or stolen device.
Backing up your disabled iPhone without trusting a computer is a simple process. All you need to do is make sure iCloud Backup is enabled and active, or use iTunes or a third-party option to save your data. If all else fails, contact Apple support for help.