What other ingredients should be added to the Instant Pot when cooking ham hock?
How Long to Cook Ham Hock in Instant Pot
Ham hock is a delicious cut of meat that is commonly used in soups, stews, and many other recipes. If you own an Instant Pot, you can use it to cook ham hock quickly and easily. The cooking time for ham hock in an Instant Pot can vary depending on the size of your meat and your preferred level of tenderness. However, with our easy-to-follow guide, you can cook the perfect ham hock in your Instant Pot every time.
- 1 ham hock
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chicken or beef broth
- Place the chopped onion and minced garlic in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Add the bay leaves, dried thyme, and black pepper to your Instant Pot.
- Place the ham hock on top of the onion and spices.
- Pour 4 cups of chicken or beef broth over the ham hock.
- Close and lock the lid of your Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” mode, and cook on high pressure for 90 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to release pressure naturally for at least 15 minutes.
- Unlock and remove the lid of your Instant Pot. Remove the ham hock from the pot and discard any bones or skin.
- Shred the meat and place it in a serving dish.
- If your ham hock is larger, you may need to increase the cooking time by 15-30 minutes.
- You can also adjust the tenderness of your ham hock by increasing or decreasing the cooking time. A longer cooking time will result in more tender meat.
- For a smokier flavor, you can add a few drops of liquid smoke to your broth before cooking.
Now that you know how long to cook ham hock in an Instant Pot, you can easily add this flavorful meat to your favorite recipes. Whether you’re making soup, stew, or just want a tender and juicy ham hock for dinner, your Instant Pot can help you achieve delicious results with minimal effort. Happy cooking!