Where can one find appropriate accessories to complete the costume?
How to Create Your Own Harry Potter Snape Costume
Are you a Harry Potter fan looking for a costume that will help you stand out at your next Halloween party or cosplay event? Why not dress up as one of the series’ most iconic and enigmatic characters – Severus Snape?
If you’re ready to embark on a do-it-yourself Snape costume, keep reading for some simple steps to make you look like the potions master himself.
What You Will Need
- A long black robe or coat
- A plain black shirt and black pants
- A black tie
- Black boots or shoes
- A long black wig (if you do not have long hair)
- A wand
- Optional: a black cloak or cape
Getting the Look: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Start with a black robe or coat that falls below the knee. You want this to be the center of your costume. Look for a robe or coat with a hood or that has a high collar for added effect.
- Add a plain black shirt and black pants to your base. Make sure they fit well and are comfortable for the duration of the event.
- Tuck the shirt into your pants and add a plain black belt. A black tie is optional, but it helps to tie the entire outfit together.
- Wear black boots or shoes that match your outfit.
- If you don’t have long hair, add a long black wig to your look. Snape’s hair is notoriously long and slicked back, so style the wig accordingly.
- Complete the look with a wand. Snape’s wand is made from stylish and sophisticated materials, and it has a unique shape that sets it apart from the other wizard’s wands.
- Optional: add an additional black cloak or cape for a more dramatic effect.
- Study Snape’s mannerisms to master his character. He is known for being strict, precise, and a bit intimidating.
- If you’re feeling particularly brave, try imitating Snape’s voice. His voice is low, commanding and can come across as a bit gruff.
- Carrying a small vial of fake potion adds an extra touch of authenticity to the costume.
A Snape costume is an excellent option for any Harry Potter fan who wants an easy, iconic look. By following the steps outlined in this article, you’ll be bound to create a costume that’s sure to impress. So, get your robe and wand ready, and let your inner potions master shine.
Ah, the all time classic character of Snape from the Harry Potter series. From his stern and sarcastic attitude to his greasy, long flowing hair and iconic sartorial choices, this character has left fans of the beloved franchise endlessly inspired. For some, his memory has been kept so alive, that they even choose to dress up in his style during Halloween. But if you thought that to achieve the look you would have to hire an expensive costume, think again! All you need is a few items and a little of your time and imagination, and you can have your very own DIY Snape costume.
The first step to replicating Snape’s look is to find the perfect robe. This can easily be achieved by visiting a secondhand fabric store and look for a long, black robe with a hood. Once you have the robe, you will need to concoct Snape’s signature potions bottle, which can be done quite easily using empty bottles and art and craft supplies.
The next steps are to make Snape’s choosing and dreaded wand, which can inspired by a simple wooden stick and a few strategically placed decorations. For a more accurate look, you can even buy an official Harry Potter wand from a number of outlets that specialise in fancy dress.
Once you have achieved the base of the costume, it’s time to move on to Snape’s hairstyle and clothes. When it comes to the elusive Snape hair, all you need is to slick your hair back and let it go free in the wind. Make sure to apply a generous amount of styling product to ensure the hair stays back and looks as wild as can be. To finish off the look, don’t forget to put on a pair of black trousers, a white shirt and a vest to complete your transformation.
So, if you’re looking to channel your inner Snape this Halloween and don’t have the budget, have no fear. For a magical transformation all you need is a little DIY love.