What materials will I need to make a DIY girls pirate costume?
DIY Girls Pirate Costumes – Perfect for Halloween!
Pirates have been a popular choice for Halloween costumes for years now, and for good reason. They’re versatile, fun and easy to dress up as and can also provide a great opportunity to get creative with your costume. So, why not join in on the fun with these DIY girls pirate costumes?
What You’ll Need
- Striped shirt or top
- Black skirt or pants
- Pirate hat (optional)
- Bandana or scarf
- Black boots or old shoes
- Eye patch
- Fake sword or pirate pistol (optional)
- Gold jewelry or coins (optional)
Follow these simple steps to create a fun and unique girls pirate costume:
- Start with a black skirt or pants and pair it with a striped shirt or top. This basic color combination will instantly create a pirate-inspired look.
- To complete the outfit, add black boots or old shoes, and a pirate hat (optional).
- Tie a bandana or scarf around your head and create a knot to secure it in place. You can also use the bandana as a belt or tie it around your neck.
- If you have a fake sword or pirate pistol, place it in your belt for an added touch.
- Add some gold jewelry or coins to complete the look.
- Finish off the look with an eye patch, and you’re ready to set sail!
If you want to take your pirate costume to the next level, here are a few additional tips:
- Add some fake scars or tattoos to your makeup using eyeliner or face paint. This will give your costume a more realistic look.
- Accessorize with a compass, treasure map or any other pirate themed items to really complete the pirate vibe.
- Don’t forget to practice your best pirate accent for added effect!
The perfect girls pirate costume doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. With a few basic items that you likely have in your wardrobe, you can create a fun and unique Halloween costume that will make you stand out from the crowd. So, get ready to set sail and show off your best pirate impression this Halloween!
Do you have an aspiring pirate in your house? Whether she’s out looking for buried treasure or just dressing up for a themed birthday party, she won’t want to look any less swashbuckling than the boys. Fortunately, it’s easy to get her a DIY girls pirate costume.
If your little one is interested in making her own wardrobe, basic materials can be refashioned into a convincing outfit. Start with an eye patch: it can be sewn from fabrics like felt and burlap or a strip of foam can be used with an elastic band to slip it in place. A bandana can be lopped onto the head and raggy trousers can be fashioned with adjustable drawstrings.
For the rest of the costume, look through second-hand clothes for distinctive items like vest, long-sleeved shirts and bulky sweaters. A bejeweled scarf belt can be made with a fabric band and some adornments or pirate-themed buckles.
In the place of treasure, mission any mis-matched jewelry or costume pieces that your little pirate can incorporate. If your little one already has black boots, a coat of a complementary color can be painted on with a faux-leather finish. If painting is too overwhelming, constructing an eye patch and fashioning a creative hat with fabrics can be fun and easy tasks.
Being a pirate doesn’t need to cost a fortune and being a girl pirate shouldn’t be any different. To create a unique look, creativity and DIY know-how go a long way. With these tips in mind, let your daughter discover her inner buccaneer.