What tips and tricks can be used to create a durable garden gnome costume?
DIY Garden Gnome Costume
Halloween is just around the corner and if you’re like many of us, you’re still scrambling for that perfect costume. Well, we have an idea – why not dress up like a garden gnome? With all the craziness in the world today, we could all use a little bit of whimsy in our lives.
What You’ll Need
- Red hat
- Blue shirt
- Brown pants or shorts
- Brown shoes
- White felt or fabric
- Red felt or fabric
- Grey felt or fabric
- Hot glue gun
1. To make the beard, cut a piece of white felt or fabric that is about 8 inches wide and 10 inches long. Fold it in half lengthwise and cut slits about 2 inches apart along the folded edge. Be careful not to cut all the way through to the other side.
2. Cut a piece of grey felt or fabric for the nose. It should be about 3 inches wide and 2 inches long. Fold it in half lengthwise and use the hot glue gun to attach the two long sides together.
3. Cut a piece of red felt or fabric for the hat. It should be about 14 inches wide and 12 inches long. Fold it in half lengthwise and use the hot glue gun to attach the two side edges together, forming a cone shape. Cut a small circle out of the leftover fabric for the top of the hat and glue it to the top of the cone.
4. Using the hot glue gun, attach the beard to the bottom of the hat.
5. Wear the blue shirt and brown pants or shorts with the brown shoes.
With just a few simple materials and some creativity, you can make your own garden gnome costume that is sure to be a hit at any Halloween party. Not only is it fun and easy to make, but it’s also a great way to spread some joy and whimsy during these uncertain times. So what are you waiting for? Get crafting!
As autumn approaches and Halloween festivities loom on the horizon, do-it-yourself costumes are an excellent way to standout without breaking the bank. For those looking for a creative, fun, and inexpensive Halloween costume, a do-it-yourself garden gnome costume is an idea worth considering.
Creating a garden gnome costume is relatively simple and inexpensive. All one needs is a pair of white overalls or a white dress, a straw hat, and, of course, a gnome beard. For the overalls or dress one may choose to run to their local thrift store or simply to their closet in order to find a suitable piece; it’s that simple. As for the beard, one may choose to buy a pre-made one, or craft their own by cutting a piece of white felt in the shape of a beard, attaching elastic to the ends of it, and then ensuring all the pieces that make up the costume are accurately and securely attached to the dress or overalls.
Moreover, there are various accessories that one may choose to add to the garden gnome costume which will ensure that they stand-out come Halloween time. For instance, one may decide to add a colorful stuffed flower, a large foam pickaxe, or a stuffed garden-gnome body to bring their costume to the next level. Whatever accessories are chosen to be part of the costume, it is important to make sure all of them are secure and the costume itself is comfortable and easy to move in.
All in all, creating a do-it-yourself garden gnome costume for Halloween is a fantastic way to celebrate the holiday in a unique and unforgettable way. With the pieces necessary to make the costume readily available. It is absolutely possible to come up with a classic, original, and affordable garden gnome costume.