Are there any helpful tutorials available for making a Bustopher Jones costume?
Do it yourself Bustopher Jones costume
Bustopher Jones, the iconic character from T.S. Eliot’s Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats, is a hit among cat lovers and theater enthusiasts alike. If you’re a fan of this portly, well-dressed feline and looking for a perfect Halloween costume, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll teach you how to create a DIY Bustopher Jones costume that will impress your friends and have everyone humming “Bustopher Jones is not skin and bones” all night long.
The elements of a Bustopher Jones costume
To create a perfect Bustopher Jones costume, you need to identify the key elements that make this character stand out. Here are the most important features that you need to include in your costume:
- A black top hat
- A black bow tie
- A white dress shirt
- A black tailcoat
- A white waistcoat
- Black trousers
- Black shoes
- A fat suit or padding to create the signature “roundness” of Bustopher Jones
Putting the costume together
Once you have all of the necessary components for your Bustopher Jones costume, it’s time to start assembling it. Here’s a step-by-step guide to putting the costume together:
- Start with the fat suit or padding. You can purchase these online or make your own by stuffing pillows or using foam padding. The idea is to create a rotund silhouette that will make you look like Bustopher Jones.
- Next, put on your black trousers and shoes.
- Put on the white dress shirt and fasten all of the buttons.
- Put on the white waistcoat over the dress shirt. Make sure it’s fitted, but comfortable.
- Put on the black tailcoat. It should be loose enough to accommodate the fat suit, but not so loose that it looks sloppy.
- Add the black bow tie around your neck. Make sure it’s tied neatly and symmetrically.
- Finally, top off your costume with the black top hat. If you’re feeling creative, you can decorate it with a ribbon or feathers to give it that extra bit of flair.
Once you have all of these elements in place, you’ll be ready to strut around just like Bustopher Jones. Make sure to practice your meows and strut so you can look and act as cat-like as possible.
If you’re a fan of Bustopher Jones, dressing up as this character will be a fun and memorable experience. By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to create a DIY costume that will capture the essence of this iconic feline. So, grab your tailcoat, your top hat, and your black bow tie, and get ready to show off your inner cat! Meow!
The beloved comic character Bustopher Jones from “Cats” has been a treasured source of entertainment among all ages for decades. He is known for his sleek black fur, signature top hat, and brilliant green eyes. If you want to bring Bustopher to life for your next costume event, a DIY (do-it-yourself) Bustopher Jones costume can be relatively easy to assemble.
To begin, you will need a long-sleeved black leotard and a pair of black pants designed to fit snugly. As Bustopher’s fur is black, sticking with a dark color palette is essential. To add a detailed furry look, you can use a flexible material, such as felt, to sew on to the leotard and pants. If felting is not an option, black fur fabric or faux fur trim can be used for a similar look. To make the costume even more immersive, add a white waistcoat and a black top hat (complete with a white band) for the ultimate wow factor.
For Bustopher’s iconic green eyes, you can add fabric circles to any black item. Or, if you’re feeling more creative, you can craft cloth eyes with green sequins and create a stitched eyelid to cover the white inner circle. Finally, to make your costume stand out even more, complete it with a pair of glossy black shoes or boots.
Creating a DIY Bustopher Jones costume is a fun and creative way to bring the character to life. With a few basic supplies, you can recreate the beloved cat and become the star of the evening. Plus, you have the creative freedom to adjust the design and make it your own. So go ahead, let your imagination run wild and have a purr-fect night!