What does Gaby use for the lasagna’s topping?
What’s Gaby Cooking Lasagna
If you’re looking for an incredible lasagna recipe, look no further than “What’s Gaby Cooking”! This recipe is a family favorite that has been perfected over the years and will have you and your loved ones asking for seconds. Here’s how to make it:
- 1 lb lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato sauce (28 oz)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef and sausage over medium heat until browned. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, egg, and parsley.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with a layer of noodles. Spread a layer of ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over ricotta layer. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lasagna is hot and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
And there you have it, a delicious and hearty lasagna recipe from “What’s Gaby Cooking”. With layers of flavorful meat sauce, creamy ricotta, and gooey melted cheese, this lasagna is sure to become a new family favorite. So go ahead and try it out today!