How long do you need to cook prosciutto for breakfast?
How to Cook Prosciutto for Breakfast
If you are a fan of Italian cuisine, you must have heard of prosciutto. This type of cured meat is made from the hind leg of a pig and is known for its rich, salty flavor. While prosciutto is usually served as an appetizer or used as a topping for pizzas and sandwiches, it can also make for a great breakfast ingredient. In this article, we will show you how to cook prosciutto for breakfast perfectly.
- 4-5 slices of prosciutto
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Take 4-5 slices of prosciutto and cut them into small pieces. You could also tear them by hand if you prefer.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and whisk them together.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the prosciutto pieces to the pan and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, or until they become slightly crispy.
- Pour in the whisked eggs and stir them together with the prosciutto. Make sure the eggs are evenly distributed and cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, divide the mixture into two portions and serve hot.
Here are some tips to make your prosciutto and egg breakfast even better:
- For a crispier texture, you can bake the prosciutto in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes before you use it in your recipe.
- If you want to add some vegetables to your breakfast, you can also mix in chopped spinach or mushrooms with the eggs.
- For a richer flavor, you can also use butter instead of olive oil while cooking the eggs.
Prosciutto and egg breakfast is a delicious way to start your day. Follow these simple instructions and whip up a tasty and fulfilling breakfast in no time.