How long does it typically take for a rib roast to cook in a crock pot?
How To Cook A Rib Roast In A Crock Pot
Cooking a rib roast is often thought of as a difficult task, but with a crock pot, it can be a breeze. This slow cooking method allows the meat to become tender and juicy, resulting in a delicious and wholesome meal. Here’s how to cook a rib roast in a crock pot:
- 5-7 pound rib roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- Take your rib roast out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, make small incisions in the roast and insert small pieces of garlic throughout.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the rib roast, making sure to coat it evenly.
- Place the rib roast in the crock pot and pour the beef broth around it.
- Cook the rib roast on low for 6-8 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 135-140 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare.
- Once cooked, remove the rib roast from the crock pot and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious and tender rib roast, cooked to perfection in a crock pot. Serve with your favorite sides for a complete meal.
Cooking a rib roast in a crock pot can be an easy and stress-free way to prepare a meal for friends and family. Follow the steps above to create a juicy, tender and mouth-watering dish that everyone will rave about!
Cooking a rib roast in a crock pot is a common and simple way to make a delicious meal. Whether it’s for a holiday meal or just a Sunday dinner, a crock pot rib roast is a good way to make a large meal in a relatively short amount of time. Here are the steps to make the perfect rib roast in a crock pot.
1. Choose the right size rib roast for your crock pot. Depending on the size of your crock pot, choose a roast that will fit comfortably with a little extra room for heat circulation.
2. Rub the rib roast with a blend of spices. Common spices to use are garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, cumin, and oregano.
3. Place the rib roast in the crock pot with some liquid, such as water, wine, or beef stock.
4. Cover the crock pot and set it to high.
5. Cook for 4-5 hours, or until the internal temperature of the roast is 140F.
6. Once the roast is cooked, remove it from the crock pot and cover it with foil to keep it warm.
7. To finish the roast, place it in the oven at 350F and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 155F.
8. Let the roast rest before slicing it and serving.
Using a crock pot to make a rib roast is an easy and efficient way to make a delicious and tender meal. With the right spices and technique, rib roast cooked in a crock pot can be the perfect Sunday dinner.