Is it possible to adjust the speed of a time lapse recording on an iPhone?
How to Change Time Lapse Speed on iPhone After Recording
Time lapse videos are a great way to show the passage of time in a compressed form, especially for capturing sunsets, night skies, and busy streets. However, sometimes, the speed of the time lapse might not match your preferences or the context of the video. In this article, we will show you how to change the time lapse speed on an iPhone after recording, using the built-in tools and third-party apps.
Method 1: Using the iMovie App
The iMovie app is a free video editing app that comes pre-installed on most iPhones. It offers a straightforward way to change the time lapse speed and also lets you add transitions, titles, and other effects to your videos. Here are the steps to change the time lapse speed using iMovie:
- Launch the iMovie app and select the video that you want to edit.
- Tap on the video timeline to reveal the editing tools.
- Tap on the variable speed icon at the bottom of the screen (a speedometer with a rabbit and turtle).
- Drag the slider to adjust the time lapse speed. The further right you drag it, the faster the time lapse will be played.
- Preview the changes by tapping on the play icon on the top left corner.
- Tap on the Done button to save your changes.
- You can export the edited video to your camera roll or share it directly from the iMovie app.
Method 2: Using a Third-party App
If you want more control over your time lapse settings or prefer a specialized app for editing time-lapse videos, there are several options available in the App Store. Here are some popular choices:
- Lapse It: This app allows you to change the frame rate, resolution, and orientation of your time lapse videos, and even add music and filters. It costs $2.99.
- Hyperlapse: This app is developed by Instagram and uses advanced stabilization technology to produce smooth and cinematic time-lapse videos. It also offers a simple editing interface and allows you to share the videos directly on Instagram. It’s free.
- Time Lapse Camera HD: This app offers multiple interval options, manual focus, and exposure control, and also includes a timer mode for capturing group photos. It costs $2.99.
Whichever app you choose, the basic steps for changing the time lapse speed are similar to the iMovie method. You will need to import the video from your camera roll or record it directly from the app, and then adjust the speed settings using the app’s tools.
Now that you know how to change the time lapse speed on your iPhone using the built-in iMovie app or a third-party app, you can create time-lapse videos that match your vision and tell your story effectively. Experiment with different speeds and settings to find the perfect balance between capturing the essence of the scene and keeping the viewer engaged. With these tools at your fingertips, the possibilities for creative expression are endless.
IPhone time lapse videos are one of the most popular ways to capture special moments and events. The time lapse feature on the iPhone allows users to compress minutes of footage into seconds of playback. For those interested in mastering the iPhone time lapse, one part of the process is understanding how to change the speed of your recorded time lapse. Here are a few simple steps to help you.
The first step is to open your camera app and wait until the time lapse has finished recording. Once the time lapse is finished, tap the three dots on the bottom right and then select “Edit.” You will then be able to see your recorded time lapse.
Next, select the speed from the options. By default, the video should be playing back at three times the speed. If you want a slower playback, you can select 0.5 speed or 0.25 speed. If you want a faster speed, you can select 4 times the speed or any other speed up to 30 times the speed.
Finally, select “Done” and the time lapse should be finished and saved. It will now be able to be shared and used for its intended purpose.
By following these steps, you should now be able to easily change the speed of your iPhone time lapse. The time lapse should now be ready to enjoy.