What materials are needed to make a DIY snow globe costume?
DIY Snow Globe Costume: Bring Winter Wonderland to Life
Are you still looking for a creative and fun costume for your upcoming holiday party? Look no further than a DIY snow globe costume that’s sure to be a show-stopper. This costume is easy to make and will turn heads at any event. Plus, it’s perfect for a winter wonderland theme!
What You’ll Need:
- Large clear plastic bowl or fishbowl
- Small plastic trees
- Fake snow/white confetti
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- White dress or pantsuit(for women), White shirt and pants(for men)
- Winter hat
1) Start by cleaning the inside of the plastic bowl or fishbowl and let it dry.
2) Use the hot glue gun to glue small plastic trees to the bottom of the plastic bowl(meaning inside of the bowl).
3) Once the trees are in place, sprinkle fake snow or white confetti around them. You can also add some glitter to add a bit sparkle to your snow
4) Let the glue dry and then carefully add more glue to the top of the trees. Press the other half of the plastic bowl (or another clear plastic half globe shape) on top of the glued trees/snow/glitter to create a globe.
5) Now it’s time to start on the dress or pantsuit. Wear either a white dress or pantsuit if you’re a woman or a white shirt and pants if you’re a man. This will create the illusion that you are standing in a snow globe.
6) Finally, add a winter hat to complete your snow globe look. You can either purchase one from a store or make one using white felt or cotton balls.
This DIY snow globe costume is a unique and fun way to show off your love for the season and the holidays. The best part is that it’s easy to make and won’t break the bank. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your supplies and get crafting!
We all know that winter time is a special time of year with wintery events, special treats, and joyous decorations. And what is the most classic of winter decorations? The snow globe! Snow globes help us remember what winter is all about: the beauty of when snowflakes come down from the sky and blankets the earth in a perfect white layer.
This year, why not bring a snow globe to life during your winter celebrations with a DIY Snow Globe costume. It is an easy project to make and will be the talk of any celebration you go to.
The materials you will need are easy to list (and are very easy to come by!) You will need a white dress, a headband with a halo of white fur, white polar fleece, felt, hot glue gun, spray adhesive, white tights, white cotton gloves, and a few other craft materials.
The headpiece comes first. Start with the headband and glue the polar fleece to the underside of the headband. Cut pandas out of felt and layer them on top of the polar fleece. You can find templates online or come up with a design of your own!
In the same way, create the headpiece of your snowman body. Cut tomatoes out of felt, layer them on a piece of polar fleece large enough to cover your torso. Before attaching it to the dress make sure to take measurements so it fits comfortably over your body.
Now to the dress, keep it simple and classic. Try a poofy white dress with white tights and white cotton gloves. Remember, you want your outfit to resemble a snow globe!
Once your costume is all put together, you can now take the perfect winter celebration Instagram shot. Have fun being the life of the party and serve as an inspiring symbol of winter cheer.
Congratulations! You have now made yourself a unique and jolly DIY Snow Globe costume. Enjoy your winter celebrations and spread some snowy cheer to all who see you.