What hairstyle would best match with a DIY Ms Frizzle costume?
DIY Ms. Frizzle Costume: Travel to the Magic School Bus World in Style
If your child is a fan of the educational animated TV series, “The Magic School Bus,” then they may aspire to be like the adventurous and eccentric teacher, Ms. Frizzle, this Halloween. With a little bit of creativity and a few simple materials, you can easily make a do-it-yourself (DIY) Ms. Frizzle costume that will help your child transform into the iconic science educator.
What You Will Need
- A curly red wig or hair styling tools to imitate Ms. Frizzle’s signature hairstyle
- A purple dress or a top with a purple skirt (preferably with patterns or embellishments to mimic her unique style)
- A lizard or dinosaur stuffed animal (to represent Liz, Ms. Frizzle’s pet, who travels with her every day)
- A pair of black or red shoes
- A pair of red or orange opaque tights or leggings
- A lab coat or a white shirt to wear under the dress or top
- A bunch of science-themed accessories such as a microscope, a beaker, or a globe
How to Make the Costume
- Create Ms. Frizzle’s hairstyle:
- If you already have long curly red hair, that’s great! You can style it with lots of volume and hairspray to replicate Ms. Frizzle’s look.
- If you don’t have red hair, you can purchase a curly wig online or from a costume store. Alternatively, you can curl your hair using a curling iron or rollers and spray it with red hairspray for a festive touch.
- Ms. Frizzle is known for her eclectic taste in fashion, so don’t be afraid to mix and match different patterns and styles. You can find a purple dress with various patterns (such as planets, stars, or atoms) or a purple top with a quirky skirt.
- A pair of black or red shoes can work with any purple outfit.
- To replicate Ms. Frizzle’s tights, you can buy a pair of opaque tights in red or orange color. These will add a pop of color and make for a fun, creative touch.
- A lizard or dinosaur stuffed animal can be easily found online or in stores. This represents Ms. Frizzle’s pet, Liz, who the character often carries around on adventures.
- You can also add a lab coat or white shirt to wear under the dress or top to make the costume more authentic.
- Finally, add a bunch of science-themed accessories to complete the look. These can include a microscope, a beaker, or a globe.
A DIY Ms. Frizzle costume is a fun and unique option for Halloween. With a few simple materials and a little creativity, you can easily make a costume that will transport your child and their friends to the magical and educational world of “The Magic School Bus.”
As Halloween approaches and costumes start to fill the shelves, one of the funniest and most popular costumes this season has to be the iconic Ms Frizzle from “The Magic School Bus” – and you can easily make your own DIY version.
Creating your own version of Ms Frizzle can be a simple and easy task for all Halloween imposters. Begin with a fun dress or skirt – the ones with colorful cartoon characters are particular favorites – and if you want to go for a more realistic look, a yellow collared shirt will do the trick. For an added spunk, find a pair of black boots and a large red bow that can be placed in your hair. It is also essential to get over-the-top glasses that are similar to the ones that the real Ms Frizzle wears.
To put the finishing touches on your costume, carry around a “Magic School Bus” book and/or a toy version of the bus. This will bring back childhood memories for some and make your costume stand out from the others. Also, make sure you do not forget to bring your enthusiasm and excitement everywhere you go.
Whether you are looking for a beginner-friendly costume or if you are in need of a fun last minute costume, Ms Frizzle is a perfect fit. With a few simple props and accessories, you can now create your own version of Ms Frizzle and be the life of the party. And remember, the possibilities are endless, so let your imagination run wild and have a blast!