How should the burlap be used to create the costume?
Do It Yourself King Tut Costume with Burlap
Halloween is just around the corner and if you’re looking for a unique costume idea that won’t break the bank, why not become the legendary King Tut himself? This DIY King Tut costume is not only budget-friendly but it’s also a fun and easy project that you can do at home.
What You’ll Need
- Burlap fabric
- Gold glitter foam sheets
- Hot glue gun
- Gold beads
- Necklace chain
Follow these simple steps to create your very own King Tut costume:
- Start by cutting out a large rectangle of burlap fabric that is wide enough to go around your waist and long enough to touch the ground. This will be the skirt part of your costume.
- Next, cut out a smaller rectangle of burlap fabric that will go over your shoulders and hang down your back. This will be the top part of your costume.
- Using your hot glue gun, attach the two burlap pieces together at the shoulders to create the full King Tut costume.
- Cut out strips of gold glitter foam and attach them to the burlap fabric using your hot glue gun. Add as many or as few gold stripes as you like to achieve the desired effect.
- Now it’s time to make the collar. Using the remaining gold glitter foam, cut out a large scalloped collar shape. Attach gold beads to the bottom of the collar using your hot glue gun.
- Attach the collar to your costume using hot glue on the shoulders.
- For the headpiece, use the remaining gold glitter foam to create a snake head. Attach to a headband using your hot glue gun.
- Finally, complete the look with a gold necklace chain.
In just a few easy steps, you’ve created your own King Tut costume using burlap and glitter foam sheets. This is a budget-friendly yet striking costume that is sure to turn heads at any Halloween party.
Remember that you can always add your own personal touch to the costume, whether it’s adding more gold stripes or even incorporating other elements of ancient Egyptian culture. Have fun, and Happy Halloween!
In modern times, Halloween costumes range from popular characters to homemade original designs. However, for history buffs, a particularly fun and creative costume is to dress up as one of the most iconic royals ever – King Tut. To make a DIY King Tut costume out of burlap, one can transform into the boy-king with a few easy steps.
First, you will want to start off by measuring the burlap for the outfit. You will need six yards of burlap, or enough to make a full-body long draping gown. Do not cut the burlap yet. Once you have all the burlap ready, you can use a hot glue gun to make all the lines and curves that make up the pattern of the dress. For a King Tut themed costume, create patterns that look like hieroglyphics, or simple linear shapes or swirls and gradients. Be creative with it!
Once the pattern is complete, the burlap needs to be cut along the pattern that has been created. The cut pieces should then be hemmed and stitched together to form the costume. Once the stitching is complete, use a glue gun to add some gold edging for decoration. Also think about adding extra fabric layers to give the dress more volume.
Now it is time to assemble the headpiece. You will need to cut out two pieces of burlap in the shape of a crown with a long pointed back, as well as two long strips of fabric and two short strips, all in a similar color as the costume. This will allow you to make the headpiece look like an actual Pharaoh crown. Use the glue gun to assemble the crown and sew it to the costume.
The last step is to add accessories to your King Tut costume. Use lotus flowers, Ankhs, and scarab beetles for a more authentic look. Finish off the look with a dark colored wig and dark colored eyeliner and you will be ready to be transported back in time as the boy-king of Egypt!
Making a DIY King Tut costume out of burlap is a fun and creative way to celebrate Halloween. With a few simple steps and a bit of craftsmanship, you can transform into one of the most iconic figures in Egyptian history.