Are there any tips to help make the most realistic and spooky do it yourself creepy doll costume?
Do it Yourself Creepy Doll Costume
If you’re looking for a Halloween costume that’s sure to spook, why not consider a creepy doll costume? With a few simple materials, you can transform yourself into a hauntingly realistic doll that will send shivers down the spines of anyone who sees you.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A plain dress or shirt and skirt
- White face paint or powder
- Black eyeliner
- A wig with long, straight hair
- Optional: fake eyelashes and colored contacts
Once you have your materials, it’s time to get to work. Here’s how to create the look:
- Start with a plain dress or shirt and skirt. Choose something that is light in color, like white or baby blue.
- Apply white face paint or powder liberally to your face, neck, and arms. You want to look as pale as possible.
- Use black eyeliner to draw exaggerated doll-like features on your face. This can include a heart-shaped mouth, doe eyes, and rosy cheeks.
- Put on your wig, making sure it’s styled to look straight and perfect.
- If you want to take your look to the next level, add fake eyelashes and colored contacts to create a truly eerie effect.
Once you’ve perfected your creepy doll costume, you’ll be ready to scare anyone who crosses your path. Just be prepared for some seriously spooky reactions!
Do it yourself costumes are becoming more and more popular as Halloween approaches. They can be a fun, inexpensive, and creative way to express yourself while still looking suitably spooky. For those who want to add a unique element to their costume this year, why not try creating a creepy doll costume?
This do-it-yourself costume is relatively simple and only requires some basic crafting skills. Start by finding a dress or nightgown appropriate for your costume. It should be an off-white color and a size larger than what you usually wear, so that it hangs down over your body for an extra-creepy look.
You can further enhance the spooky factor with a variety of props. Gather scraps of fabric, such as lacy trim, and tatter them the edges of the dress. Rubber gloves, too, can help to enhance the costume’s sense of eeriness. Stuff them with newspaper, tie them off and sew them in place. The extra fabric makes them look especially odd.
To complete the creepy doll look, create a prop “head” or mask. Cut a round piece of fabric, as if you’re making a giant pom-pom, and sew it in place. Advance embroidery, beading and appliqué are all options for adding details, such as eyes and noses. Children’s doll accessories, too, can be used to bring an extra doll-like feeling to the costume.
With a little effort and craftsmanship, you can create a unique and super-creepy do-it-yourself doll costume. Simply find a dress, gather some fabric scraps and doll accessories, and create a spooky prop head. Scared or not, you’re sure to be a hit with your costume.