Is it difficult to make a candy corn costume?
DIY Candy Corn Costume
Halloween is just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about what you’re going to wear. If you’re looking for a fun and easy costume, look no further than the classic candy corn! It’s a popular Halloween treat, and it makes for an adorable and recognizable costume.
- White t-shirt
- Orange t-shirt
- Yellow t-shirt
- Black felt
- Hot glue gun
- Elastic band
- White and yellow face paint
- Start by laying out the orange t-shirt on a flat surface. Cut a triangle shape from the bottom of the shirt to create the candy corn shape. Repeat with the yellow t-shirt.
- Next, cut the white t-shirt into a long rectangle shape. This will serve as the middle section of the candy corn.
- Using the hot glue gun, attach the white rectangle to the top of the orange triangle, and the yellow triangle to the bottom of the white rectangle. Allow the glue to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Cut small squares from the black felt to create the candy corn’s eyes and mouth. Use the hot glue gun to attach them to the front of the costume.
- Next, cut a length of elastic band long enough to fit around your waist. Use the hot glue gun to attach it to the sides of the orange and yellow triangles, leaving the white rectangle free to drape across your torso.
- Finally, put on the costume and add the finishing touches. Use white and yellow face paint to create a candy corn-inspired makeup look, and wear a white headband with a few pieces of black felt attached to act as the candy corn’s “stalk”.
Tips and Tricks
- If you want a more fitted costume, use a needle and thread to sew the elastic band to the shirt instead of using the hot glue gun.
- If you don’t want to buy new t-shirts, you can also use fabric paint to create the candy corn colors on an old white shirt.
- For an extra pop of color, add a bright orange or yellow tutu to complete the look!
The candy corn costume is a fun and easy DIY project, perfect for anyone looking for a cute and recognizable Halloween costume. With a few simple materials and some hot glue, you can create a costume that’s sure to get you noticed. So grab your scissors and get to work on this sweet Halloween look!